Forums » Canal Boat Forum

Join in with our lively forums and swap information and news with fellow canal boat enthusiasts.

AuthorMessage
Grifter
Grifter

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:42pm

Post Subject: Writer seeks help

I am an ex BBC journalist now writing a romance/crime novel set on the Stratford Canal and the Worcester & Birmingham Canal. Is anyone travelling on these canals who would trade a passage for help with locks etc? I live in Worcestershire but need to do more on-board research for my book before the end of 2017. Please contact andy.griffee@live.co.uk if you can help. Happy to contribute to costs.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:57pm

You need the widest readership possible. I suggest that you repost this on Canalworld.net, possibly the largest member internet based resource. I am sure you will get some offers there.

TheGriff
TheGriff

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:44am

Thanks Tony - will do.

S.Bishop
S.Bishop

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:49am

Hi Andy, For what its worth and i know its a late comment. But just wanted to offer support in your work. I to have just published the first in a series of books I am writing the first "Eight Days Later" has just been released. I think that the canals and rivers are a terrific back drop and much under appreciated good luck with your project my book website is www.boydaimes.uk

Writer seeks help

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 41.  Total Objects: 160.  Total Unserialized: 5. Total Runtime: 0.55 seconds.