Forums » Canal Boat Forum

Join in with our lively forums and swap information and news with fellow canal boat enthusiasts.

AuthorMessage
jameswo
jameswo

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:05am

Post Subject: Merseyside Canal Boat Trips

<p>Hi does anyone have any recommendations for good canal boat trips around merseyside? Thanks</p>

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:08am

I hope some other readers will answer this but at present I do not know what you mean by "canal boat trips". Do you mean a rip on a skippered trip boat or an itinerary for a self drive hire boat holiday. There is also a problem with the term "Mersey-side" in that it is very general and does not define the area you are interested in very clearly. There is only one canal in Liverpool and that is the Leeds and Liverpool canal but I am unaware (being from down south) of any trip boats at the Liverpool end. There are always the Mersey Ferry Trips up the Manchester Ship Canal and it seem the Danial Adamson offers trips on the Mersey & River Weaver - https://www.thedanny.co.uk . The Canal Junction website has a list of trip boat operators (and much, much more) but it is not exhaustive. Moving further away Burscough Boats and Lancashire Canal Cruises at Lathom offer boat trips. I am afraid that is about all I can say .

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:36am

Another thought. If you count Ellesmere Port as Mersey side the perhaps the Boat Museum might offer public canal boat trips on the Shropshire Union Canal but you will need to check. I don't think there are any self drive hire boats until well beyond Chester.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 39.  Total Objects: 158.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.96 seconds.