Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
bardsley1
bardsley1

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:24pm

Post Subject: winterisation

Is there a recommended list of items that should be carried out prior to winter please.My calorifier has split (frozen) and the insurer thinks I should have drained it down. I emptied my cold tank, and as much pipework as possible, but not the hot tank itself. What do you think please.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:49pm

Post Subject: winterisation

I am afraid that had you asked for a typical winterisation procedure I would have happily answered but as soon as you mention insurance company things are different. There is no way I am going to try to second guess and insurance company and no way I am going to get between a reader and an insurance company. I think I must advise that you ask your insurance company for a definitive task list. Much depends upon how the boat is plumbed and exactly what other precautions you took. Sorry. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.51 seconds.