Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
mikewarby
mikewarby

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:01pm

Post Subject: gas pipe

Hi can i put a blank cap on a t piece gas pipe which use to feed a boiler.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:06am

Post Subject: gas pipe

First of all the answer is NO unless you are COMPETENT in gas-work as per the Boat Safety Scheme. If you are you are then faced with the BSS requirements for the minimum of connectors in a pipe run so whatever you do you will be faced with a possible BSS failure on an unnecessary connector. Personally I would photograph the situation as it is now so you have a record to show the BSS examiner if he queries the connector. I would then minimise the chances of a leak by changing the T for a straight connector. If you take the T piece to a decent chandlers or Calor Gas Centre you should find a straight connector is available with the same thread as your T so it will probably just slip into place if you free a couple of pipe clamps. Again I must warn about the need for competence and needing to ask must put a question mark over it. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.55 seconds.