Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
DavidBJ
DavidBJ

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:17pm

Post Subject: Stern greaser

The stern greasing unit is somewhat difficult to get at the back of the boat. My wife has problems reaching this and as such I would like to move it to inside the cupboard at the stern of the baot. It is semi-trad. Is there a limit to how far I can have the unit from the stern gland. Thanks again for any help you can provide

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:28am

Post Subject: Stern greaser

The only problem will be if the pipe length got long enough for friction to make the operation difficult so what you propose should be fine. Be aware that the unions joining the pipe to the stern gland and greaser can be a bit odd so if you need to use another tube make sure you have the correct parts (usually just the olives). Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.51 seconds.