Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
competa
competa

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:32am

Post Subject: pressure in calorifier

pump running on. no apparent leaks but pressure relief valve on calorifier leaking dramatically. put on a new pressure relief valve, exactly same (2bar).(had to empty system as calorifier horizontal). refilled tank,and circulated water through system. when I closed all the taps the (new) pressure relief valve started pulsing and blowing water out and pump not shutting down. opened hot taps and water pulsing stopped. Any suggestion appreciated.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:48am

Post Subject: pressure in calorifier

If you have not been fiddling with the pump I suspect the pressure switch has failed in the run position OR the small bore hole feeding its diaphragm is blocked so there is no pressure on the diaphragm to work the switch. You could strip the switch assembly off the pump and see what is going on. I understand the actual switches are very common and available from Maplins (Don't ask them for a switch for the make of pump, just look up micro-switches in their catalogue for one of the same physical size. However my advice would be to T a D Square (make) pressure switch into the system side of the pump and use that. It will outlast many pumps and is adjustable for both cut out and cut in pressure. I got mine from Midland Chandlers. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.31 seconds.