Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
1narrowboa
1narrowboa

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:53am

Post Subject: PMR Radio

What is the best buy. CB magazine had an article on this, but I don't know when. Thanks. Bob Dunkley.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:05pm

Does CB stand for Canal Boat or Citizens Band. The only thing I can remember this magazine doing about PMR radios was in the "new equipment" section but as I am on holiday and away from my magazines I can not be sure. If you are thinking about boat to boat then so few people use them and keep listening watch the the best buy would be "none". If its for communication between the crew then I suspect almost any. Treat the quoted ranges with a great deal of scepticism because the topography can cut it down to a very short distance. Tony Brooks

1narrowboa
1narrowboa

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:50pm

Thanks Tony, Canal Boat Mag., used for crew to crew.

peterlj
peterlj

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:51pm

Hi Bob, walkie talkies were tested and reported on in the Sept 2010 issue.As a result I purchased the Motorola TLKR T5 radio`s and have found them to be invaluable on the big locks on the River Trent,for talking with the other half. We have found them to have a good range and be clear. Don`t know where you boat but if the locks are as big as the Trent locks, it`s money well spent and adds an element of safety. Happy boating Peter

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.