Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
bikerknits
bikerknits

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28pm

Post Subject: Lister

I hadLizzie the lister and love her to bits. But as it's a HW2 and water cooled, I can not longer get a replacement water pump! :( I don't want a modern one. It would look so silly on a vintage engine. Does anyone know of any way around this? Thanks, Tracy

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:31pm

Post Subject: Lister

I am sure that someone like Tony Redshaw at Braunston www.vintagediesels.co.uk will be able to overhaul your existing pump making new parts as required but it will not be cheap. You could also look at the possibility of fitting an extra pulley to drive a Jabsco type raw water pump. Then you may find an electrical pump suitable for long term use. I suspect the first option will be the most satisfactory in the long term and it will not devalue the engine. I doubt none of this will be cheap. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.56 seconds.