Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
antares
antares

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:00pm

Post Subject: Tuesday Night Club

I am sure that you published an article which gave some detail of how the club researched the means to transport Earnest to Ireland.Since I wish to do the same I would be grateful for any information

Martin
Martin

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:35pm

Yes, we published an article in the September 2007 issue. Basically the TNC had a bit of a struggle to find any British firms willing to ship a boat to Ireland for a sensible price. So after initial enquiries through an Irish friend they went to Ireland to find a firm - and settled on Whitten Haulage of Birr, a well-known Irish boat transport company. P&S at Cassio Marina in Watford did the crane-out, while Riversdale Barge Holidays (who operate the marina at Ballinamore which is Earnest's Irish home base) organised craning the boat back in. For more info, you may be able to buy a back issue of the mag from our subscriptions people on 0870 830 4960; alternatively drop us an email and we can pass it on to the TNC.

antares
antares

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:08pm

Martin,Thanks,I have now found the artcle! Regards Vic Moses

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.48 seconds.