Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
cisco1
cisco1

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:33pm

Post Subject: slow water

hi since i had burst pipes in bathroom and kitchen in the winter now fixed the hot and cold in the kitchen run very slow also the hot does not run fast enough to fire the paloma heater up which is in the bathroom the taps and shower work great in the bath room the kitchen is before the bathroom and has one of those expansion pressure tanks under the sink therecan you adjust paloma heater to come on with lower pressure or is there somthing ive missed

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:28pm

Post Subject: slow water

Judging from the position I think your expensive tank is an accumulator (not an expansion tank although they are the same except for the internal pressure) and its job is to store water under pressure so the pump runs less often when the taps are closed with the pump turned on. Has whoever fixed your leaks installed service valves below the kitchen taps and if so are they only partially turned on and thus restricting the flow. If the Paloma works well in the bathroom the problem has to be something restricting the flow to the kitchen taps. Perhaps some PTFE tape has been left across the inside of a screw type plumbing union. Until you can get the flow increased to the kitchen taps I doubt adjusting the Paloma or the accumulator pressure will have any effect at all. Most instant gas water heaters have some form of adjustment but they will not work without an adequate pressure difference across the water diaphragm in the gas valve and anything that reduces flows from taps will cause the pressure difference to be too small. This is all based on the fact that I think you say that the hot tap in the bathroom works and get hot. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.50 seconds.