Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
bobbys
bobbys

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21pm

Post Subject: annodes

I have just removed my 36ft narrowboat, the 2 pack coal tar paint was quite badly blistered i was wondering if its the annodes, they had completly desolved i had 4 2.5kg mag annodes is this too much for the size of the boat

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:20pm

Post Subject: annodes

Are you sure the hull was properly prepared for the two pack coat? I would initially suspect possible adhesion problems caused by bitumen left on the hull. M G Duff have an anode selector on their site http://www.mgduff.co.uk/ for you to play with. As you say the anodes had completely dissolved I wonder if you have shore-power aboard but much depends upon how long the anodes were on there and what water you are floating in. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.56 seconds.