Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
carroll
carroll

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:22pm

Post Subject: bukh 20 diodes

having trouble with thediode/resister circuitry on the back of the bukh control panel.Do you know which components are used in this panel? Carroll

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:29pm

I am afraid I only have data for the latest DV36 modification and at the moment I can not lay my hands on it - it may well be on the boat. I understand it also depends upon what alternator you have fitted so you need to sort that out. They are perfectly standard electronic components so you should be able to identify them form their markings. If not I think T W Marine at High Peak will be able to supply a suitable plate or perhaps give you the values for those components. As far as I can see the diodes are only used to allow three separate enders (charge, oil pressure & temperature) to operate the buzzer without back feeding to the other warning lamps. I would expect and small (say 500mA +, 30 volt) diode to work. The resistor(s) is/are used in parallel with the charge warning lamp to increase the current flowing to the alternator for energising. You could replace this with a small (say 12V 1.5W) bulb or a 47 ohm resistor (say 2 watt). Tony Brooks

carroll
carroll

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:27pm

thanks Tony.Only one component is damaged.This is a diode marked MR 504 8021 and I would like to establishits spec and/or its equivalentin a modern diode. carroll

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.58 seconds.