Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
David
David

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25am

Post Subject: Box section size

Thanks Tony. we do not have a box section on her yet. do you have any idea of the size the 'box section' would need to be on our 70 footer? or are they all diffrent on boats?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:09pm

Post Subject: Box section size

I have no idea what you think I am talking about. Unless you are going to ballast with the boat in the water one way or another you need to establish the water displacement needed to allow the boat to sit lower. The hull may be considered as three shapes. The front and back swim as triangles and that part of the boat that is not a swim as a rectangular box. That is what I mean by the box section - I did put it in parentheses. If you have not yet constructed the centre (parallel) section of the hull it means that you do not yet have a hull and as you would be buying the metal in I suspect the invoices are likely to give the weight of metal supplied. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 1.24 seconds.