Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
puddled
puddled

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:58pm

Post Subject: Alde thermostat

Having at last got my Alde 2928 thingy to work (it had a blocked pilot burner) on my recently acquired (1st) boat I find that the room thermostat appears to be reversed, ie turning temp up switches the pump off and turning it down below the"click" point switches it on, wiring appears to be correct, any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:48am

Post Subject: Alde thermostat

Is this a brand new or old boat? If the latter then are you sure the thermostat is the one supplied by Alde? Many thermostats can be wired so they either make or break the circuit at a pre-set temperature and it sounds as if yours has been wired to break rather than make. My Alde diagram says the thermostat terminals to be used are 1 - connected to terminal 3 on the boiler terminal block, 2 - connected to 6 on boiler terminal block, 4 - live feed. Note terminal 3 is not mentioned - I suspect someone has connected to 3 instead of 4. The electrical side of these boilers are beautifully simple so I very much doubt it is a fault with the boiler. One last thing. The Alde supplied roomstats uses a horrible cheap on-off switch that works itself loose giving a poor contact. Make sure that in turning the knob you are not inadvertently joggling the switch. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.