Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
stummpy
stummpy

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:11am

Post Subject: heating

Hi ive just had my webasto thermo top c servied and it has had a new water pump fitted the dealer recomends that i flush the system can you give me any tips on how to do this andthe best products to use Many thunks Stummpy

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:52am

Post Subject: heating

Without seeing the water pump so I can see exactly why it has been changed it is hard to give an answer. In any case, as with all this type of heater, it would be best if the dealer advised. If there was no actual damage and the dealer just thinks it is a good idea then I would connect the water hose to the connection that goes on the pump return and a length to get rid of the flushing water to the feed to the pump. Turn all radiator valves fully open (making sure you count and note the number of turns on any lock-shield valve you have - the ones you can not normally turn) and then just use the hose. You will probably have to plug the pipe running from the header tank. Then while the water is running through the system give the bases of the radiators a good few whacks with the heel of a slipper or similar. If there was damage in the pump I must refer you to the dealer. I doubt that any of the reputable central heating cleaners would damage the Wabasto but if you use one of those you would have to install the heater & fill the system and then run it after adding the cleaner. If there was damage I fear whatever did it may still be in the system so this is why I advised flushing before connecting the system. Remember to refill with a MIXED 30% antifreeze mixture. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.29 seconds.