Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Ray
Ray

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56am

Post Subject: Gas Bottle connection

Hi Tony, Can you tell me if the handwheel connection to Calor Gas bottles is acceptable for use on a narrowboat, as used on some caravans.

Gas Bottle connection
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:12am

I think you need to address this to the Boat Safety Scheme or a definitive answer. The BSS seems to place importance to fire resistance in fuel and gas systems and although the hand wheel illustrated has a brass nut inside it so should be OK I have some concerns over the rubber olive being acceptable. If it turns out that they are acceptable I think that olive would be subject to degradation so the whole HP Hose assembly should be changed rather more frequently than the ordinary all metal ended one. Email the BSS, they are happy to advise on such queries. Maybe one of our readers is an examiner who can give a definitive answer. Tony Brooks

locksmith
locksmith

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:12pm

im pretty sure the grip shouldnt be a problem however as already stated the tapered part of the fitting should be brass

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.51 seconds.