Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
dave48...
dave48...

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:25pm

Post Subject: Propellor shaft

Hi there. i am on a mission to build my own widebeam boat. Can you please tell me what fitings are reqired when l have fitted the propellor shaft to keep water out.

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:22pm

Post Subject: Propellor shaft

If you mean that you intend to fit out a ready built shell then the best advice would be to pay the builder to fit the stern gear. If you intend to actually make the hull then as you do not seem to have asked about compliance with the Recreational Craft Directive but have asked about a comparatively simple part of the process I suspect that the need to protect the magazine and myself from possible future litigation makes declining to give such advice the best course of action. Do not mess with RCD compliance. Make sure you understand all the implications of building and selling a non-RCD complaint boat. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.32 seconds.