Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
moggymate...
moggymate...

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:33pm

Post Subject: route

i have just purchased a boat (first time)moored at pillings lock marina leicester,is there a canal route from there to bidford or alvechurch. thank you.david morris

moggymate...
moggymate...

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:35pm

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:25pm

Assuming the Bidford you are talking about is Bidford on Avon then yes (water shortages allowing). I suspect both would be up the GU Leicester Arm to Norton Junction, UP the GU to Kingswood junction. From there south on the Stratford canal to Stratford where you buy an Avon License and the down the Avon to Bidford. For Alvercurch go North up the Stratford form Kingswood and turn left onto the Worcester & Birmingham Canal to Alevrcurch. I also suggets that you Google Canal Plan AC, a free on-line route planner. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.32 seconds.