Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
mikekiwe...
mikekiwe...

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:33pm

Post Subject: 12v fridge not working

is there an easy way (or hard) to test my fridge, the system is a split system with the compressor seperate from the cabinet. I have 12v to the unit, and 12v at the termestat terminals. The compressor or fan does not have any life. The attached fuse tests ok. The polarity is correct, whoever wired it got his collours wrong but the polarity corroct. and it was working a few weeks ago.

12v fridge not working
Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:16pm

Post Subject: 12v fridge not working

12V fridges made for at least the last 10 years use an electronic control unit so the first question is does the fridge beep or flash a fault code. I suspect not or you would have said. I think you have done all the usual tests so I fear it is a control unit failure. I suspect you may have to contact the unit's maker to find out who can test it further. Sorry, Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.