Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
4bulls2win
4bulls2win

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:31pm

Post Subject: Lifting a boat out of Calder and Hebble

Help! we need to lift our 44 foot narrowboat out of the Calder & Hebble to transport it. We have a haulier lined up to do the job but we need a suitable place for it to be lifted out. We are currently moored in Brighouse but the haulier says the Brighouse Basin is not suitable. Does anyone have any suggestions? We need to find somewhere before Tues 20 September.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:58pm

In these circumstances I normally advise that you need very local information and to phone your local BW office but time is a bit late now. All Waterscape throws up is Shire Cruisers who may well have facilities for the crane. Best phone them tomorrow because it looks a fair way from Brighouse. I just hope a local reader will chip in but please join the Canal World forum and ask there. I can almost guarantee up to date info by about midnight from there. Tony Brooks

Tommo
Tommo

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:37pm

Theres a boat yard at the bottom of Wakefield on the Aire & Calder in West Yorkshire who has a crane. All I know is, it's on Thornes lane and the owner is called Bruice. His boat yard is at the side of the canal and a road at the other side, I have heard other people say they have had boats lifted out. The location off the river is, if you come on the Aire & Calder, instead of turning right off the river to go to fall ings lock, carry on the river and its on your left approx 200m. Sorry I don't have any more information, but hope this helps.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:21am

Thanks Tommo, he got two replies from the CW forum and one I think confirmed what you say. Each half an hour either side of midnight.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.54 seconds.