Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
alanclarke
alanclarke

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:34pm

Post Subject: Gas Street Basin

Hi All, We are soon to take a cruise into Birmingham and Gas St; Basin, this will be done clockwise, i.e. travelling up the T&M, left at Fradley onto the Coventry, right at Fazeley onto the B&F canal,from about Mimworth can any one recommend any good "safe" moorings between here and Gas Street which we can use that's with in a day's cruising to get us into Gas Street, Thank's, Alan

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:03am

This is one for those with local knowledge. We stopped in the middle of an industrial area as far away from access to the towpath as possible. We had a quiet but not very scenic night. Tony Brooks

mikemoorse
mikemoorse

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57pm

From my home mooring at Hopwas on the Coventry Canal it is an easy 12 hour cruise to Birmingham which I do in two stages, 6 hours to Curdworth then another 6 hours to Brum.In my opinion the last suitable mooring before Birmingham is just through Curdworth Tunnel at Curdworth. (there is a very handy pub that does meals a 100 yards away!) From Curdworth it is a 6 hour run into Birmingham. Personally, I would always more at Curdworth and would definitely not more anywhere in the Minworth area. Hope this helps

alanclarke
alanclarke

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:34pm

Thank's for that, it will be a great help, will take your advice, cheer's, Alan

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.29 seconds.