Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
jaco44
jaco44

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:19am

Post Subject: Water Pump Problem

I have fitted a new Johnson Aqua Jet WPS 2.9 pump to my water system as recommended. It pressurises the system as the previous pump, but on opening a tap - a short spurt of water is all that is produced. Opening all the kitchen & bathroom taps for a while, then shutting off can produce a short period of normal tap operation. Also, sucking on the mixer outlet will produce a flow. The pump fitting instructions state that there should be 9" of flexible pipework connected, but there really is not enough space to do this. The existing pipework travels through 2 x 90' bends and includes an on/off tap and the pre-strainer in the preceding 12" of Polypipe pipework, and a Jabsco Aquafilter and CIMM accumulator via a T-piece just after the pump. The problem existed from fitting, but is worse since I fitted a kitchen sink mixer tap with a minimum supply pressure of 0.1 bar. Can you help?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:25pm

If the pump seems to run up to pressure like the old one and then cut out and it cuts in as soon a s a tap is opened but no water comes out it sounds to me as if you have either run out of water or have the main supply valve closer or the prefilter is blocked. Being a new pump I suspect it is managing to actually pressurise the air. If you mean that the motor stays off when you open a tap then I suspect you have a faulty pump or a loose electrical connection. Tony Brooks

jaco44
jaco44

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:57pm

Tank half full. The pump still pressurises the system by operating every hour or two for a second or two. However, when any tap is turned on, no pump and just a few drops produced by the pressure in the system. If tap turned on, and I suck the spout, we get pump and normal flow of water. Occasionally, if we open all taps for a while, then off, we can get taps to operate as normal. If we get a normal operation, leave for a few seconds, then once again no pump when opening tap.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:11am

This certainly sounds like a faulty pressure switch in the new pump BUT you first have to rule out an intermittent fault on the wiring like a lose or dirty connection/fuse/circuit breaker. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.33 seconds.