Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
donkey24-7
donkey24-7

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:59pm

Post Subject: tv aerial

which is the best tv aerial to use on a narrowboat with a tv with freeview

peterlj
peterlj

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:31pm

Hello Mrs Kay,I had this problem myself and found that the Vision on Plus available from any caravan dealer for around £28 is ideal. They are also available from a great company on the net called aerial shack which I have also used.This aeriel has to be manualy altered each time you moor up but it is a small price to pay. I have tried one of the multi directional types but have not found these as good. I hope this helps.. safe cruising..P

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:52am

I use a Status Image 420, again available from caravan outlets for a similar price to that quoted in the last answer. This is a directional aerial and being very flat will store hanging down the hull side inside the boat. Perhaps of more importance is height. The higher you can get the aerial the better the reception. I also use a 12v aerial booster because I have two aerial outlets and have long cable runs inside the boat. You do have to align the aerial at each stop but I use a £14 alignment gizmo from Maplin to find the optimum positions although I used to do it by observing house aerials. I too found the "squirrel cage" multi-directional aerials less effective and very expensive when you got them knocked off the roof. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.