Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:40pm

Post Subject: Rent to Own

I would like to know if there is such a scheme in the UK where I can purchase a boat by 'Renting to own'. This is getting very popular in the UK housing market and for boats in the US. I would be very keen to know if anyone has heard of it over here? There's a good article on it here - http://www.ehow.com/how_4430432_rent-own-boat.ht ml Thank you

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:59am

Post Subject: Rent to Own

I have not heard of any such schemes in the UK but I have heard rumours of people being taken for a lot of money by internet and gumtree based scams around this type of thing in the London area so take great care. I suspect it will be hard to do via UK brokers but if you can find one of the people who make a living by buying up boats, "improving" them and selling them on you may be able to negotiate something. I am also not sure how this sort of activity would fit within UK financial legislation. I suspect the vendor might need a license to offer credit. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 2. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.