Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
ivymay
ivymay

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:00am

Post Subject: plans for steel narrow boat

dear sirs,i have been in the steel fabrication business all my working life and want to build my own narrow boat shell to fit out myself. i have built a roberts 43 sailing yacht in the past but they dont have narrow boat designs to my knowledge. please can you give me any information as to where i can get build drawings for narrow boat shells.many thanks V R Simpson

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:11pm

Post Subject: plans for steel narrow boat

I am afraid that I can not answer that question, I have seen adverts in the back of the magazines occasionally but a quick Google threw this up: (http://www.acornengineer.co.uk/show_cat.php?id= 417) all on one line. I think there may be others as well. However the plans are now the least of your worries because since 1997 boats have to be built to comply with the recreational craft directive unless you are planning to build under an "own use for 5 years from completion" exemption. This will require the hull strength calculations and so on. Please make sure you can access the ISOs required to ensure the boat complies. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.