Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
louise1
louise1

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:22pm

Post Subject: Rent a boat

My partner and I are hoping to rent a boat long term on the lowland canal, Scotland, whilst we search for a boat to become livaboards. We are new to the canal boating scene and are looking for advice on how to go about it? Do you know where people place adverts to rent out their boats long term? Thank you, Louise and Darren

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:08pm

Post Subject: Rent a boat

I am sure that British Waterways (Scotland)has similar regulations to BW (England & Wales) so any boat let for hire will have to have a different and far more expensive BW License, different and more expensive insurance, to comply with a different (and stricter) set of Boat Safety Standards standards and may also be subject to certain Local Authority checks and requirements. What this boils down to is that trying to hire/rent a private boat would be very ill advised and cost you dear. Look on Waterscape.com to find a hire fleet in the area and see if you can negotiate a favourable long term hire rate for over the winter. Please also be aware that there have been a number of scams involving on-line sites including specific scam sites and the like of Gumtree. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.