Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
COLINB
COLINB

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:52pm

Post Subject: EXHAUST

I have just had a narrow boat built and took delivery 6 weeks ago it had it's first service last week. When the machanic was carrying out the service I noticed that the hospital silencer was welded to the boat not a bracket. Surely this is not right is it?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:14pm

Post Subject: EXHAUST

Dear Colin Welcome to the non-standard world of narrowboat fitting. If you have no plans or other documents that clearly define how the boat will be fitted then it will all come down to an argument about acceptable practices etc. Whilst I would hope that a small bracket would be welded to the hull to allow a larger support bracket to be bolted onto it and the silencer itself is retained by bolt or screw on brackets I can not say a welded on silencer is not acceptable. I expect that 5 minutes with an angle grinder will be enough to remove the bracket so itâs not too bad. If that is all you can find wrong I think you are very lucky and probably have a good boat â however annoying it may be.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.29 seconds.