Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
karen03
karen03

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:47pm

Post Subject: Locking fuel caps

I have seen in the pages of your magazine an advert for a locking device over an existing fuel cap on the stern of a narrowboat. Can you tell me what it is please and who sells it as I have looked everywhere. Many thanks.

peterlj
peterlj

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04pm

Hi Karen, it`s traded under the name fuelock I have one fitted to my narrowboat, with the cost of fuel now I am surprised that more boats hav`nt. Anyway they can be obtained from Selby boat center ( where I got mine from). Beeston marina,and Newark yacht club to name but three. But please beware you order the correct size for the diameter of your fuel opening. I seem to remember mine is an inch and a quarter, which I believe is the standard size for narrowboats. Good luck, hope this helps.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:55pm

I think there are more than the make ,mentioned in the other replay but I have also heard complaints about the letting in water (maybe through incorrect fitting) or jambing closed. You may well find a welder can fit a hasp and staple to your boat so you can cover the filler with the hasp and padlock it down. It may well be cheaper and more robust than the proprietary item. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.