Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
stewal
stewal

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09pm

Post Subject: calorifer PRV

Hi Tony, My domestic water pump (no accumalater) had taken to running briefly every 10mins or so and I suspected the PRV as I can see a trickle of water from the skin fitting down the hull side even with a cold tank. I needed to change the pump as it was 7 years old and have just done so and the fault persists. (replacement is the same make and pressure). I seem to remember you saying that limescale can build up on a PRV: could you remind me how I can try to shift that please. I am not sure how they should operate but if I move the red top anti clockwise I can hear water escaping and clockwise it doesnt seem to move at all. Should the fitting push/pull in and out as well? My Calorifer is horizontally mounted and changing the PRV would not be a joy! Thanks in advance and a merry xmas, Steve

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:57pm

Post Subject: calorifer PRV

You twist it whichever way it moves and at the same time clicks as it lifts and drops the seating. In your case anti-clockwise. If this does not cure the problem I suspect you need to change the valve for one of the same or VERY SLIGHTLY higher pressure. The same is ideal. AS you say that you can see the trickle of water it is almost certain that you have diagnosed the faulty item. If a new valve does not cure the pump running starts looking for leaks on pipework, but that does not explain the trickling water. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.