Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
peterpugh1
peterpugh1

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:47am

Post Subject: Mag. Anodes.

Hello there, can you please advise me what size anodes i need for my 65ftx10ft (23ton) canal boat? Regards PJ Pugh.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:40pm

Post Subject: Mag. Anodes.

I think the best thing for me to do is to direct you to the MG DUFF website who are one of the acknowledged experts in this field. http://www.mgduff.co.uk Click leisure boats and the work through the menus. I notice you refer t a 10ft beam canal boat but that is not the accepted use of the term because many canals only allow a beam of about 7ft but what that does mean is that your boat will fit the wide beam canal locks with lots of room to spare. This in turn means that you may be able to distribute the anodes along the hull without them jambing the boat in locks as would happen on many narrowboats. The reason this is relevant is that anodes have a limited sphere of influence so positioning to maximise hull protection is important. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.