Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Shipleyman
Shipleyman

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:34am

Post Subject: Taking out of the water

Hi Tony, next month my son is taking his boat out of the water to blacken it. It is coming out on a cradle. Is there any thing he needs to watch for. When the boat goes back in, am i correct in thinking he will need to bleed the skin tank. I think there is a little bleed tap at the top edge of the tank, cheers

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04am

It is the responsibility of the yard who is doing the slipping to ensure the safety of the boat during the pull out and put back in. It is always wise to check the stern-gland a few times, starting as soon as the boat is put back in. The skin tank is very similar to a car's radiator and you would not need to bleed that up when the car has been lifted on a ramp or towed so as far as the slipping id concerned there is no need to bleed the skin tank. However it is prudent to check the bleed a couple of times a year to ensure you minimise the build up of air/gas in the top of the tank minimising its cooling effect. He needs to ensure all his domestic equipment is properly stowed and cupboard doors secured, especially front and rear facing cupboards and shelves. Tony Brooks

Shipleyman
Shipleyman

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:39am

Thanks for that

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.56 seconds.