Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
d.lite
d.lite

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:16pm

Post Subject: do you know boat hire companies in uk

Hi I want to buy a cruiser/narrow boat to hire out. Does anyone know of a company that hires out private boats on owners behalf in the UK?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24pm

Post Subject: do you know boat hire companies in uk

First of all it would be difficult for a private owner to make a profit if they were to run their boat as a hire boat and meet all the Boat Safety, Insurance and British Waterways requirements. A number of hire fleets will run sponsorship deals where a private owner pays for a boat to be put into the fleet for a period of time and receives a proportion of the hire fees. However the boat would normally have to be built and liveried as one of their own boats. I suspect a phone around the major hire fleets would soon identify those that do. I would be very wary of any other organisation unless you are 100% sure about their probity. Do a search for Que Sera and see the problem that can occur if not properly insured etc. Tony Books

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.