Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
blossom
blossom

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:15pm

Post Subject: outdrive identification

How do i identify the leg on my seamaster23.There are no visable markings even with it moored on hard standing.It has 2 power steering rams with 2 flexy pipes to each ram.It also has a screw high up on the port side which has oil vent stamped next to it,any help would be helpful.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:12am

Post Subject: outdrive identification

I think your best chance would be to use Google images where there are loads of sterndrive pictures to try to match yours to picture. I think your two "power steering rams" are more likley to be for lifting the leg but without a photos can not be sure. It may also help if we know what make of engine is fitted because if it is Volvo or Mercruiser then the leg is most likely also of the same brand. The age of the boat may also help narrow down the possibilities. To be honest I would not expect to find an outdrive with power lift or steering on a Seamaster 23 for inland use because they tend to be matched to powerful engines. Email me a photo on MONDAY to Tony@TB-Training.co.uk and also try asking on the Canal World Web Forum but post a photo of it on there as well. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.