Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
charlief01
charlief01

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:44pm

Post Subject: Re-Gassing my Boat Fridge

I have a Batt's BM13UR Fridge with Ice Box which has served me well since we bought the boat second hand some 12 Years ago. however recently I have noticed the compressor is running for longer and longer periods and I suspect the compressor is either nearing end of life or the fridge needs re-gassing. I remember seeing something about a company that does refurbishments in an article some time back, but I have searched and searched and can't find it. I would happily replace the fridge but it appears it must be an odd size as I can't find a modern fridge to fit in the same space. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:55pm

I have no recollection of such an article but I am sure any local refrigeration engineer would be able to diagnose and regass if required. Search Yell or check the BT online phone book. Tony Brooks

charlief01
charlief01

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:07pm

Tony hi Ok thanks. Do you know what happned to Batt's I know the original owner died. Do you or anyone else know if the company was taken on my anybody else ? Regards Charlie

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.32 seconds.