Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
jimballard
jimballard

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:52pm

Post Subject: rewiring lister peter engine

I am in need of rewiring my engine i have the wiring loom and control panel but thats it. is there anyway i can get a diagram for this

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:22am

Post Subject: rewiring lister peter engine

Yet again his is a question that is all but impossible to answer because we are not given important information - like the actual model of engine. You could try Marine Engine Services of Uxbridge but you will have to identify the engine for them. If you can not get hold of a diagram or if the colours/id tags in your loom are different to the diagram then the loom may be more of a liability than a help. Nothing on such engines is likley to be radically different to any engine of the time so a generic diagram will show you which item is connected to which other item. There are generic diagrams for each engine system on www.tb-training.co.uk in the Electrical notes. I suspect that if you manage to work out and attach the correct cables to say the alternator and ignition switch/start button then the rest will be easier to identify by their length and where it is possible to fit them. Just take care because if the loom is for an engine with a dynamo and your engine has been converted to an alternator at least one wire will require upgrading and there may be redundant wires in the loom. Modification may also be required in the area of the dynamos volatge regulator. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 1.05 seconds.