Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
honeypot...
honeypot...

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:27pm

Post Subject: mobile tv reception

hi all, can anyone recommend a satellite system for use on my boat. i have seen ads for "travelsat" has anyone had experience of these systems. Thanks, Mike

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:10am

I do not consider the programming we get is worth the cost of a satellite system so can not answer your question about Travelsat. However I know many boaters have taken the Lidl/Alde/Maplin route to satellite TV when the kit is on special offer. AS far as terrestrial TV is concerned aerial height is everything. I use a directional multi-element Status aerial on top of a 3 extension painter's bole from B&Q. For around £15 you can get a signal finder so it only takes seconds to align the aerial. As I have more than one TV outlet and boat length aerial cable runs I also use a 12v aerial amplifier. I have tried and lost two of the multi-directional aerials and at £50 a pop it was expensive. They also allowed ghosting and interference on analogue TV. Tony Brooks

DJ
DJ

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:31pm

hi i had a sat dish fitted and found it more trouble than its worth, have now fitted a vision plus omni directional aerial and its been brilliant, get a good signal wherever i go

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.33 seconds.