Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
blokeee@t
blokeee@t

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:57pm

Post Subject: internet on the move

Has anyone used the z200 high power wireless-n usb adapter from www.zead.co.uk. it can pick up wi-fi up to 1km away. your comments please.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:26pm

Post Subject: internet on the move

I can not help because of no experience of the product but when I see "up to" it rings alarm bells. Exactly what the transmitting aerial is will affect the range. A directional transmitting aerial will do better than a omni-directional one. Also think about the bushes and trees on canals that tend to attenuate the signal. I am not sure how often you will be in range of a public wi-fi signal when out in the country so have gone for 3G but I note that the 3 3G signal has deteriorated significantly during this year and suspect the other providers are just as bad with the preponderance of smart phones. Please will other readers chip in. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.