Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Robert
Robert

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:32pm

Post Subject: Flashing Shoreline Fridge

We are presently cruising and our Shoreline fridge has stopped working - the red light is flashing twice, pausing, then flashing twice again. According to the manual â for the Danfoss electronic compressor BD35/50F, 2 flashes is an error message about an optional fan ( I can not see the fan) The error message is given as "fan over current cut out" The fan loads the electronic unit with more than 1A. Does any one know what caused it and what I can do about it? I have tried switching it off and on does not seem to help. Sometimes it comes back on but soon reverts to the error.

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:05pm

I know that my very recently replaced Shorline fridge did not have a fan so when I read this elsewhere my immediate thought was faulty electronic control unit (£135 worth). I think the first thing you should do is to phone Shoreline 01903 733 877 and ask then about and also the contact details for your local repair agent. If it turns out to be the control unit go back to the other place and look in the for sale section. I may have a cheaper way out for you these. Tony Brooks

Robert
Robert

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:42pm

Thanks Tony - we phoned shoreline and they said it was a faulty electronic control unit. That it needed to be reprogramed. We used ice for a local Supermarket and now that we are back we will be trying to get the electronic control unit fixed. Thanks for the advice.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.