Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
alanclarke...
alanclarke...

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:05pm

Post Subject: Solar panel mountings

Hi to all that read this forum, I want to fix my solid glass type solar panel securely to the roof of my narrow boat, i have seen on my travels brackets which allow the panel to be tilted in all directions, i.e. NSEW , i have surfed tinternet to try and find some thing, with out succes, has any one have brackets that allow this kind of adjustment and where can they be purchased, thank's for any input, Alan

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:45am

Post Subject: Solar panel mountings

I think most of those in use at the moment are self fabricated but ask: Onboard Solar 07810 885734 or M & R Controls 01773 875795. I suspect their mounts are fixed along the boat so allow the panels to be angled but not twisted. Please be aware that the gain you make by angling the panels is questionable in the UK unless they track the sun. You will probably get more benefit buy spending the money on a quality MPPT controller. Please check exactly how much you gain by angling the panels across the year if they do not accurately track the sun. In the UK we have many cloudy days when the light is defused by the clouds so hit the panel from different angles. Tony Brooks

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.