Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
bionic...
bionic...

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:50pm

Post Subject: alternator wiring

Hi team,Whilst in the boatyard re-bottoming my 30ft Springer some freindly boater stole my Alternator along with the wiring. I have replaced the alternator and brackets but have no idea on where the wiring should go. Can you or anybody shed some light on how this should done or am i looking at an expensive re-wire.The engine is a 1500 bmc

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:47pm

Post Subject: alternator wiring

I am sorry to hear that. If you go onto www.TB-Training.co.uk and look in the Electrical Course notes you will find the wiring diagrams for all the engine circuits. Please also read the section about selecting the correct sized cables because if you use an undersized main charging (and possibly main negative if required for you alternator) you will compromise your charging. Please also read the section on charger splitting and the appendix. The details you give do not allow me to give much more help at this time but come back with more details about the alternator, charge splitting system (if installed) and how you starts the engine (switch or push buttons). Tony Brooks

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.