Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
marklandsh
marklandsh

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:51pm

Post Subject: Battery wiring

why are my engine & Leisure batts wired neg to neg with two pos leads one going to starter & 1 going to main switch & can I change them over to normal parallel???

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:38pm

Post Subject: Battery wiring

Of course you can - its your boat. However be aware that then you will have just one bank so if you flatten it on the domestic load you will not be able to start your engine. They are wired that way for a several good reasons and unless you know what you are doing my advice is not to mess about with it. I would also suggest that you take some time to study the electrical notes on www.tb-training.co.uk. Then come back if you have further questions. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.