Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
falcon
falcon

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:11pm

Post Subject: Diesel bug/water filter

Can you advise of the best pre-filter system to install, to remove Diesel bugs and water prior to the fuel reaching the standard filter on my Nanni engine ?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33pm

Post Subject: Diesel bug/water filter

First of all I think that you need to deal with bug in the tank. Once you find it in the filter the problem will have grown and made it more difficult/expensive to deal with. My advice is to use Marine16, Grotamar, or similar demulsifer & biocide in the tank AND remove whatever nasties you find in the bottom of the tank until you are removing clear diesel. Do this each spring. I have no idea which system is best but as I believe in simplicity, ready availability from non-marine sources, and cost effectiveness I use a CAV sedimentor and separate agglomerator. Typically CAV SS with aluminium bowl then a CAV FAS. Both with metal drain plugs to ensure no BSS problems. Racor and others make combined units but they are likely to be more expensive. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.