Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
chimchim
chimchim

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:09am

Post Subject: The dreaded pump out toilet!

Hi, we are baffled by an intermittent problem with our otherwise excellent macerating pump out toilet. After only a week since our last pump out, the tank swelled and a gush gave forth from the escape hole on the roof (unpleasant!) This seemed to indicate the tank was full, which it could not possibly be. After a while the selling of the tank disappears and all is well again, but it is scary! Any ideas?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:00pm

Post Subject: The dreaded pump out toilet!

First I would question how you know the tank is not full if you have a macerator. With a dump through it is easy. How do you know the last pump out was done properly? Maybe something blocked the pump out pipe in the tank. I would say that what you describe is impossible because the breather pipe should be in the top of the tank and not extend down inside it so even if it did manage to pressurise you should only have gas blowing out. I wonder if you breather goes to the bottom of the tank. If it does then bacterial action could have made gas that could not escape, hence the swelling tank and the eventual gush. The tank would also swell if the breather was blocked and the macerator pumped more efluent into it. To be honest this all sounds very odd. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.