Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Grahamxxxx
Grahamxxxx

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:02am

Post Subject: Electrical

I have a 1100 watt inverter on my boat and is correctly wired and everything works except my Dremel drill , it's lights up on the back and the the speed can be increased and decreased but it will not fire up , it works at home , the inverter is not pure sine wave . Thanks Graham

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:30pm

You have answered your own question. Variable speed machines that use electronic control often object to modified sine wave inverters or to put it another way - almost square wave inverters. I fear you need a new inverter or a similar tool that does not use electronic control. Tony Brooks

Grahamxxxx
Grahamxxxx

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47am

Thanks .graham

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.