Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
decisions...
decisions...

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:10pm

Post Subject: Ultraflex B88 Single lever control

Tony I would like to dismantle the above on my boat for future reference. I know there are 4 screws securing the cover and one screw holding the lever. What I would like to know is what do I do next? There is a aluminium splined wheel and behind it when you pull it out is a large 'C' clip. Question: do I just remove the clip and the fitting will come away? or do I need to know more? I am reluctant to just remove the clip as the unit is sprung and I may not get it back together if I am not going about it in the right way! Thank you! Jim

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:33pm

I am sorry but as I would only use Morse controls I have never had one of your apart. I am on the boat so can not find a parts list or exploded view. If the control is faulty then it is probably worth taking it apart in case it can be repaired and risk the springs. If not leave well alone. Tony Brooks

decisions...
decisions...

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:04am

Tony Thank you for giving my problem your time!

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:54pm

I have spent some time trying to find an on-line parts list but without success. It seems the B88 has been replaced by the B89. From the pictures I would expect to find that you take the control assembly off the boat and remove the cables. Take the handle off. Turn the control over and remove the cable levers and then I would expect three or four screws/bolts holding the gear case onto the back to the main control housing. I would then expect to undo these and take the case off, possibly leaving the control spindle and main gear in place on the main housing. I would be more concerned about the possibility of there being a ball and spring detent in there to give you the "neutral feel" so would be very careful when pulling the thing apart. Can any readers help here please? Tony Brooks

decisions...
decisions...

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:43pm

Tony, Thank you for your time and the information provided. I shall keep my eyes open for any further information following your request. Jim

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.