Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
steviedee1
steviedee1

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:54pm

Post Subject: water tank

Hi Tony I have been offered a new unused vetus plastic fuel tank would I be able to use it on my boat as a fresh water tank or would effect the quality of the water? Many thanks Steve.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:38pm

Post Subject: water tank

Unless you can tell me exactly what plastic t is made from AND I am able to find the information about leeching chemicals for that plastic I can not answer. I would have thought that your first contact would be Vetus Technical and ask them. I suspect (but do not know for sure) that if anything did leech out you would taste it before it became particularly harmful. Try filling it and leaving it for a week or so and then sample the water. That may indicate if it is contaminating the water. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.26 seconds.