Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
batman...
batman...

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:18pm

Post Subject: Engine solenoid

Can you help. water got in engine compartment covering stater motor i drained it off and dried out starter motor but solenoid does not work so i have to manually press it to stop engine if there a fuse Barrus shire 3 cylinder 1643cc thanks

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:57pm

Post Subject: Engine solenoid

I am confused. Is this the starter solenoid or the stop solenoid? Are you asking if the circuit for whichever one is fused? Most modern engines have an inline fuse tucked away somewhere in their wiring but this usually feeds all the engine electrics including the gauges and warning lamps. If the are working I suspect the problem is far more likley to be a problem in a multi-way connector in the main wiring harness where the instrument panel loom joins onto the engine loom. I can not help much with the location but it will be somewhere along the bundle of wires, that is usually thicker than your thumb, running from engine to control panel. Tony Brooks

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.31 seconds.