Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
peter56pan
peter56pan

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:21pm

Post Subject: Webasto heating

My Webasto unit is less than 2 yr old, I've checked the fuses (OK)the manual indicator shows when I press for the unit to start, there is no sound of a diesel feed (there is plenty of fuel)it worked fine until a couple of days ago, then nothing. I've topped up the system with a 50:50 mix of anti-f/H2O, 2 days before this happened. Any advise?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:57pm

I can not be much help because I have never used or worked on a modern Webasto. When you say plenty of fuel do you mean in the tank or at the pump inlet? If its just in the tank then the fuel filter or a pipe may be blocked. Personally i would not have any of the "big three" named heaters off this type. If you simply topped up a header tank that was getting a bit low then I doubt that had anything to do with it but if you had a leak and attempted to fire the unit without sufficient water or if the circulating pump failed to work then that could well have caused an overheat to trip out. How this is reset should be in the manual. I fear the heater may well be computer controlled and may require a laptop with a special link cable and software to reset it. I would use a multimeter to see if the pump is supplied with electricity upon pressing the start button, also the glowplug. If neither are supplied I would think your best plan, seeing you say the fuse is OK, would be to talk to an agent about it. However also check the battery voltage to make sure it is higher than about 12.5 volts and the volatge at the glow plug (often this type of unit is wired in undersized cable). Check all the connections for cleanliness and tightness. Tony Brooks

gareth.wil
gareth.wil

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:29pm

Hi, When you say that there is no sound of diesel is the fuel pump making a clicking sound. If so I would check that there is fuel coming out of this at the heater end. There is a fuse which if you pull out will reset the unit. This happens if the unit has detected a fault and thus won;t start until the fault is corrected or reset. With out seeing your uniot it is difficult to know where this fuse will be. Ours is in a double holder on the back of the heater loom. I have also found that these heaters don't work well on red diesel. we have had a second tank fitted and use kerosene.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.55 seconds.