Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Boatman51
Boatman51

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:33am

Post Subject: Back boiler

I would like it fit a back boiler to my Morso Stove,I have a 90 litre shurcal twin coil tank one coil for webasto and one on the engine,can I successfully connect the back boiler into one of the circuits,using valves??. Bernie

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:10pm

Post Subject: Back boiler

Maybe. If the Webasto uses a sealed system with a pressure vessel and expansion vessel than it would be fairly difficult unless you have an engine header tank well above the highest pipe run for the stove. If the Webasto has an open header tank well above stove level then it should be an easy job using a valve or valves to isolate the Webasto. However solid fuel stoves MUST ALWAYS be used in conjunction with an adequate heat sink otherwise there is a potential for boiling in the stove and a potential explosion. This would typically be one or more radiators permanently connected to the stove and set so they can not be turned off. In an ideal world at least the heat sink radiators would be fed by a convection (gravity) circulation system system but I doubt the Webasto pipes are large enough or run in the right way. This means that you will have to install a pump and suitable switches and thermostats to ensure that whenever the stove is hot the pump is running. If you want more information see this month's magazine or EMAIL any further questions to Tony@TB-Training.co.uk so I can send you diagrams etc. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.55 seconds.