Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
smudger
smudger

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:56pm

Post Subject: RCD

Hello We currently have our own boat which was built in 2008 as a sailaway, we then took delivery and finished the boat ourselves.Could you tell me would the boat still require the RCD or is it now classed as just over 5 years old regards martin

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:32pm

Post Subject: RCD

This is a legal question and as such I must advise that you seek professional advice. My feeling is that this will all revolve around the date it was completed. If it was a sailaway in 2008 any you fitted it out then I can not see you competing it before 2009 and probably even later so in my unqualified view it will need an RCD if you want to sell it now. I am sure the hull completion date is not relevant to the RCD, its the date the whole boat is completed. AS it is illegal to sell and boat requiring and RCD within the EU if it does not have one you must clarify and possibly provide proof of the true completion date and, as I said, take advice. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.